Location: Regents Park, London
Timescale: 40 Weeks
Devonshire Mews South; a Georgian Mews located close to Regents Park, London. The property was significantly refurbished in 1978 and since then, apart from internal cosmetic works and essential external maintenance, has largely remained undeveloped.
As a private residence, our client now intends to invest in the future, to upgrade the house into a property suitable for modern, family living. Our brief is to strip out back to shell, extend to provide additional living space and full refurbishment to create a modern, family orientated house. The challenge of this project is not just the build but the logistics. We have to be mindful of working in a narrow London mews and the fact that the rear elevation backs onto Harley Street Consulting rooms, frequented by the rich and famous.
The works included:
• Enclosing of the existing first floor terrace to form a “Winter Garden” that can be used all year round.
• Relocating of the 2nd floor terrace to provide to above the first floor winter garden.
• Create a new extension on the existing 2nd floor roof terrace to provide the property with an additional bedroom.
• All existing, single glazed windows will be replaced with new period, double glazed timber sash; improving thermal efficiency of the property, acoustics and security.
• Design and installation of all building services including Audio Visual and Home Automation systems.
• Full interior fit out and redecoration to the requirements of the Esteemed Project Architect and Interior Designer.